Promote your event / Contact MCB
'Being Satori Circus-A Performance Documentary in Five Acts' - Official Trailer One
[TONIGHT] BLOOD RED SHOES with Milk Bath @ the Magic Bag
The Magic Bag presents:
Blood Red Shoes
with Milk Bath
Midnight Garden: Fairytales of Good and Evil
Midnight Garden: Fairytales of Good and Evil
A Burlesque and Aerial Showcase
Hello Strangers and Josie Pace
Almost 5 years to the date was my last post on MOTORCITYBLOG... my how time fly's by and Life gets in the way! I've been yearning to get back to posting about Detroit events again, so here I am. Funny thing is, my last post was about a new local music group called Josie Pace, featuring Josie on vocals, Ken Roberts on keyboards/synths, and Mark Damian on drums. Pretty ironic since that's exactly who my latest post is about to bring myself back into the MCB fold.
JOSIE PACE-SMALLS BAR, HAMTRAMCK
March 26, 2022
MOVEMENT FESTIVAL Returns to Hart Plaza this Memorial Weekend 2022
After a 2-year covid hiatus due to covid, Detroit's beloved Movement Festival is back on the books! The Memorial Day Weekend festival sets the stage for over 100 artists across multiple stages in Hart Plaza at the Detroit Riverfront.
1-day and weekend passes are available NOW via movementfestival.com
Static presents…THE 33rd EROTIC POETRY & MUSIC FESTIVAL!
The infamous “Erotic Poetry & Music Festival” is Detroit's oldest community arts festival. “An eclectic celebration of the erotic arts!” it features provocative poetry, dirty spoken word, erotic art, music, and dance performances by some of the city's top performers. It is an evening you won’t forget!
The show is on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 8:00 p.m. doors, 8:30 showtime and 18 & over are welcome. Admission is $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Advance tickets (+ $1.50 service fee) available at Noir Leather or buy online at Brown Paper Tickets link. https://www.brownpapertickets.
Partial proceeds benefit the Michigan non-profit organization "Paws with a Cause.org," who train and provide leader dogs for the disabled.
The event will be held at THE TANGENT GALLERY located at 715 E. Milwaukee in Detroit. (313-873-2955) The 2020 show is sponsored by Noir Leather and DV8 Body Art.
Highlights of this years show are the return of performance artist Satori Circus along with spoken word raconteur Jimmy Doom, and crooner Konrad Lee. The visual arts portion of the show features local artists exhibiting their work and a variety of local vendors will be displaying their wares.
Featuring performances by:
Dawn Giblin Trio
Sophia Von Stardust
Poetry & Spoken Word by:
Lady of Pain
Hosted by: The Impaler & Peter Schorn
Erotic Eats by Menage a Trois, Dee's Hot Dogs, S.I.S. T's Treats and The Apothecary
Tarot readings by GeminEye Tarot
Naughty portraits by Marcus Concernicus
Vendors: Keeping Secrets, Pure Romance by Stephanie, Smiling Eyes Studio, OOM Studio, B.P. LeGault Art, Dominant Restraints, Crafty Darling, Pathways Crystals, Crafty Cop, Brett's Topicals, Be. Playful.XO.Toys, Rich H. Creations, Sondra's Creepy Dolls, Art of Lexicon, Leather Lew and more.
Apply Now! THE 2020 KRESGE ARTIST FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION IS OPEN!
• Live Arts: 9 Kresge Artist Fellowships and 1 Gilda Award
• Film & Music: 9 Kresge Artist Fellowships and 1 Gilda Award
2019 HOLIDAY ARTIST MARKET
2019 Artist Vendors
- Alma Art Gallery - Original handmade acrylic canvas paintings
- Annelise Nearon Art - Handmade jewelry
- Aurora Paints - Mixed media paintings that are out of this world!
- Black Dog Jewelry - Rings, bracelets, pins, pendants, necklaces and earrings
- Blackenedruby Jewelry - Handmade jewelry with a vintage flare.
- ClayWood Pottery - Functional and decorative wheel thrown and hand built pottery, as well as masks and ceramic vessels with faces
- Colleen Wilson Studio - Fine silver, bronze and copper handmade jewelry
- d.Rose Art Studio - Abstract art
- DA.Neely Art - Paintings, coasters, magnets, jewelry and beard balm
- Debbie Malyn, Encore Designs - Urban photography, mostly Detroit with a few surprises, with prints, magnets, framed, metal and canvas
- Designs By Emily - Home goods, jewelry, serving trays, paintings, coasters, notebooks
- Detroit Fordite - Fordite jewelry
- Divine Pine Studios Ceramics - One of a kind, artisan ceramics featuring hand painted and carved functional pottery
- Dragon Fly Diarys - Mixed media polymer clay on mostly up cycled glass wish bottles, fairy houses, drinking glasses and jewelry
- E.G. Bowen Photography - Puzzles & Prints - Jigsaw puzzles from my original photography along with original framed and unframed prints
- Eagle's Dream - Dream catchers and knitted towels
- Earthing Works - Jewelry and reclaimed wood home goods
- Epic Legendary Cleaning Products - Bio degradable eco friendly all purpose cleaner/degreaser made in Detroit!
- Ethereal Acorns - Handcrafted pendants, earrings and gifts inspired by nature, as well as blown glass and leather work
- Fabric Creations by Henrietta Mac - Handmade wallets “no two alike”
- Gordon Woodwork - Reclaimed barnwood and household decorations including ornaments, bird houses, coat racks, lamps
- Gypsy Soul Gifts - Repurposed and upcycled decor, one of a kind gifts for every one
- Harper North Designs - Handwoven bohemian leather wrap bracelets, semi precious stone jewelry, hand cut charm necklaces, druzy pendants
- HiMyNameIsJes - Prints, paintings, stickers, magnets, pins
- Irina’s Studio - Holiday decor and gifts
- Jane Alice in July - Original photography combined with embroidery to create mixed media pieces
- Julie Fournier - Ornaments, prints, jewelry
- Kamajomi - Hand drawn and hand burned wood pieces for the home.
- Katharina Eltringham - Small framed whimsical watercolor pencil/acrylic paintings
- Leather Lew - Locally made leatherworks!
- Lightning Bug Beads - Jewelry, solar mobiles, crochet items, body balms butters
- Linda Buck - Clay tile and sculpture
- Lunacy Art and Jewelry - Paintings (acrylic, watercolor), jewelry, magnets prints, mugs
- Madetofit - Hand sewn clothing items
- Marc VandenBerg - Handmade blown glass
- Mary Eldridge - Hand-painted notecards and small acrylic paintings.
- Matt Feazell - Books, comics, DVDs starring the Amazing Cynicalman, America's laid off superhero
- Michael Devine - Art and a book I authored
- Miwoodlandcreations - Ornaments, candle holders, hand made soaps, hand made deodorants, knick knacks
- #MonesArt - Paintings, hats & tees
- Olive + Birch - Knitwear
- Park Visuals - Original artwork,prints and magnets
- Pipperillo Studios - Laser etched wood wares
- Posh and Stone - Artisan jewelry composed of vibrant semi-precious stones, fair trade beads from across the globe, and precious metals
- Sarah Koch Illustration & Design - Art prints, cards, stickers
- Sculpted Roots - Metal sculptures
- Sister Bees - Several fun flavors of lip balm and a skin care line for everyone in the family including the family pet!
- Sunday's Creepy Dolls - Dolls, jewelry, paintings
- Surakotaga - High end wooden products
- Suzy Adra - Paintings, postcards, stickers, ceramics
- The Age of Asparagus - An eco boutique of up-cycled home and body decor
- The Water Closet Werks - Photography by Winnie Chrzanowski - Prints, magnets, coasters, etc
- The Woven Good - Handwoven home goods and accessories
- Tony Shopinski - Constructions, paper coil containers, pottery, small paintings
- Trash Fairy's Den - Jewelry made from recycled leather, ethically sourced bones, and vintage hardware
- Z.Garage.Art - Watercolor and giclee prints of automotive, Michigan art and cards
- Zachariah Messiah's Morbid Curiosities - Octopus, snakes, and tarantulas taxidermied