Moogfest as defined is a four-day festival that explores new technologies pushing the boundaries of creative expression to take place in Durham, North Carolina from May 19-22. This festival is so impressive that I'll be making the journey and reporting back to you all the wonderful things that take place. But, I'm also hoping some of my Detroit buds will join me on what promises to be an amazing 4 days and nights of synth wonders and adventures.
Here's a few more of my picks for what's in store at Moogfest:
Evening headliners will participate in a range of daytime programs including master classes that take audiences deep inside the artist’s creative process, workshops, conversations, film screenings, and improvisational performances. Highlights include:
- Musical experimentalist Laurie Anderson will be interviewed by Jana Hunter of Lower Dens.
- Odesza will take apart one of the their songs, and piece by piece, tell the story of how it was made in a live recording of Song Exploder, the hit podcast hosted by Hirishikesh Hirway.
- Julia Holter and Empress Of will participate in live episodes of the No Effects podcast hosted by Jesse Cohen of Tanlines.
- "The Three Grace(s) triptych" Screening and live score by ADULT. Local electronic duo ADULT will be presenting a unique presentation of original film and live soundtrack performance. The Three Grace(s) triptych chronicles the two year affair of artists/musicians Nicola Kuperus & Adam Lee Miller.
- "It Follows" Screening and Q&A with composer Disasterpeace. The acclaimed horror film “It Follows” took the 2014 Cannes Film Festival by storm and went on to exceed all expectations at the box office in 2015. Following the screening, Disasterpeace, the composer of the film, will discuss the background and inner workings of the score.
And this is in addition to all the other artists and performers that will be at Moogfest. Check out there website for all the details, and if you're planning on going, drop me a message at MPAD Media and let me know. Maybe we'll meet up and get all "mooged" out together.
Mikel OD of MPAD Media