Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Vernors with the Detroit Historical Society this Saturday (June 11)
at the Detroit Historical Museum!
Activities will include:
• A Vernors-themed poker run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (more info at http://bit.ly/1PSnNve)
• A screening of "Detroit Remember When: Made in the Motor City" at 11 a.m.
(A chat with filmmaker Bill Kubota will follow the film.)
• The Vernors Gnome live and in-person, signing autographs from noon to 5 p.m.
• A Vernors history presentation from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
• A book signing for 'Vernor’s Ginger Ale' by author Keith Wunderlich at 2 p.m.
• A presentation on James Vernor in MOLLUS (Civil War Legion) from 2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
• A toast by James Vernor V and James Vernor VI, great-great-grandson and great-great-great grandson of James Vernor at 4 p.m.
• A world record attempt for the most Vernors drinkers at 4:30 p.m.
Vernors floats, cream ales and Boston Coolers will be for sale at the museum from 1 to 4 p.m. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of a historic marker to commemorate the oldest soda pop in America: Vernors!
There will be also be a special Vernors display at the Detroit Historical Museum and local restaurants will offer unique menu items using Vernors as one of the ingredients.