Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



1/3/11

UPCOMING: The Adicts, 12 March

For an old-skooler like myself, this sort of announcement is always exciting. The Adicts are yet another band from my childhood that I've never managed to see. But after more than 30 years of performing, it was inevitable that we'd cross paths at some time.

Not only is their music as energetic and catchy as it is infused with classic punk attitude, I will always and forever be besotted by anyone who rocks a violin AND a bowler hat.

I was thinking about which of my favorites to share with y'all ("Viva la Revolution" and "Joker in the Pack" being their most well-known) and was glad to find this recent live recording of "How Sad." It doesn't sound great, but you get an idea of how nutzoid their shows are.



THE ADICTS
Saturday
March 12
Harpos
14238 Harper, Detroit, MI 48213

 "Our concerts are a celebration. There's enough misery in the world. We just wanna have a good laugh."