Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/1/08

FREE CD: Javelins - Heavy Meadows

EMAIL US IF YOU WANT THIS CD (1st emailer only)

So the guys over at Suburban Sprawl sent us the newest release from the Javelins a few days ago called Heavy Meadows....you can check them out here and of course if you are one of the local music scenesters then you know about this one coming out later in the month

the band is out supporting the new record on a short midwester tour and until we get some young sap in here to do record reviews we are sticking to our guns and NOT REVIEWING IT....

why not? you ask?
1st off - we are too busy for that
also because we would say really rotten things that no one would like to hear about everything....and isnt there enough of that going around detroit?
(has nothing to do with Javelins CD)

What I will say is that although Javelins is not really my preferred type of music - I have not tossed the CD into the trash. I gauge a record by how I react to it in the car and currently the strong tracks are 2-6-10...I am a re-player - it pisses most people off but if I like a song I continue to listen to it over and over and right now those 3 tracks are getting the repeat hard core....in particular track 2 and 10 mostly but lets offer this CD up to the 1st reader who can wait a week or so before I eject it for a freebie

that might piss of SSprawl ...lets see if we get more goodies in the mail.

You can check out Javelins when they finish the mini-tour and headline a CD Release show at The Belmont in mid July - in the meantime

Javelins
Saturday July 26th 2008


CD RELEASE SHOW EXTRAVAGANZA
The Belmont
Hamtramck MI

w/ Nouns, Lightning Love