Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/10/08

Rothbury Festival - a few pics from our winners





MCB gave away a couple of free weekend passes to the festival and the winners sent us a bunch of pictures - there were a bunch of the bands and stuff but we got an email the other day that went something like this so we are posting only these 4:
"and why don't you guys spend time covering art shows and other non-music related events..."
Our winners had a great time and thought that the festival was a huge success.
SHOTIE REVIEW FROM 2nd winner - yeah!
I will get to the music reviews in a bit but would like to start with saying some things about the fest itself. The first thing a noticed was that there was not a lot of trash on the ground like you see at most fests. This was the cleanest fest I have ever been to. The reason for this is because they had waste stations all over the place that you could separate your trash into three groups landfill,recycle,compost, and at each station was a volunteer to help you put stuff in the right can. even more impressive was that all the cups and plates and boxes the food venders used where made out of corn and could be put in with the compost,even the forks and spoons.I hope this idea catches on.

One of the coolest things about rothbury is just the place it self full of rolling hills and trees and plenty of spots to find some shade which is very important to have and a lot of fest don't seem to have any shade at all. The coolest spot to get shade was a place called the Sherwood Forest this was I path through the trees that went from on stage to another. what made the forest even better was when the sun went down the forest had lights and psychedelic art hanging from the trees that glowed and had light shining on them plus fog machines and trippy noises. walking through the woods I felt like I was tripping. I'm sure plenty of hippies were lol.

now on to the music I'm not going to a run down of each band I saw but instead would like to talk about how well the music sounded. Every band i saw was load and clear as hell. The sound systems they brought to this fest were incredible and i do not say this lightly. they spent a lot of money and time getting this right. every stage had grade a sound and when a problem came up it was fixed lightning fast. This by far was the best sounding fest I have ever been to. Every band I saw played like their life depended on it and just feed off the enthusiastic crowds.
I will mention BoogiePants who jammed like the best of em...will have to look up thier website

If you like going to festivals do what ever it takes to go to this one next year you will not be disappointed. Trust me - I have been to a few of these in the past...

MJ


Ps I almost forgot they had Magic hat # 9 on draught and they did not run out until the very end. NICE!!