5th Annual WORLD ZOMBIE DAY-WALK AGAINST HUNGER- Saturday, October 13th, 2012
MEETING AT 3PM, WALKING AT APPROX. 4PM.
Once again we'll be collecting donations of food and funds for Gleaners Community Food Bank! Keep your eye on our home AND events page for frequent updates about this year's WALK AGAINST HUNGER!
Due to overwhelming request and demand, a thriving downtown area full of spectators, ample parking and a 'bloody-the-lawn-all-you-want' extra large meeting place, we have opted to RETURN to GRANT PARK in Royal Oak for the 5th annual World Zombie Day WALK AGAINST HUNGER. This is the same location we met for World Zombie Day 2011.
View Larger Map
2012 SPONSORS ARE LISTED ON THE SIDE BAR
2012 WORLD ZOMBIE DAY PRIZE SPONSORS (so far)
I Heart Skeletons - Adornment Deluxe - Noir Leather
Motor City Haunt Club - Motor City Blog - Starrlight Jewelry
734 Designs - LIFT (Designer Toys & Gallery)
Realm Of Darkness - Amazing Corn Maze -
Panic At Pine Stump Hollow - Scarefest Scream Park
Haunted Blakes - Haunted Farm Of Terror
And Zombie Walk Detroit of course.
more prizes are pending, too....woo hooo!
Official After Party to be held at GUSOLINE ALLEY (21 & over),
immediately following the prize give-aways at the end of the walk.
HOW: Whether you're walking or not, please bring at LEAST a good handful of non-perishable food items to the walk- more if you're able! Spectators and photographers who know in advance, you, too, please. Food, funds or both if you'd like! Gleaners is a great organization!
Any participating zombie bringing a donation of at least FIVE cans or at least FIVE bucks gets a ticket for a chance to win one of MANY prizes after the walk. Yay!
WALKERS: Want folks to sponsor your walk? You can print out a PLEDGE SHEET by clicking here to open one as a PDF. Then, simply ask friends, family or co-workers to help feed hungry families in Michigan by sponsoring your walk. We've made it easy for you by including that info right on the sheet. We're good like that.
They can pledge a total of $5, $10... even $500. Whatever amount they'd like. Every penny goes to Gleaners Community Food Bank. Cash is fine and any checks should be made payable to Gleaners. Monetary donations are tax deductible.
RULES of CONDUCT for the UNDEAD
- THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE MAKE-UP ARTISTS AT THIS EVENT!
(our permit does not allow for it.)
Plan on arriving pre-zombified, with the exception of any last minute bleeding,
which can be done in our designated bleeding area.
- There won't be any supplied "victims" on this walk, so be prepared to selflessly shamble in search of someone ELSE'S dinner this time. (Get it? Food drive? Ha ha?) GRRAAAAAINNSSS.....
- Please do NOT make a mess with the fake blood (sorry to ruin the mystery, folks! it's fake.). At the meeting place, there will be a designated bleeding area. On the walk itself, please keep your hands to yourself. Cars, windows, pedestrians, passing strollers; these things should be considered off limits. Please respect businesses, other people and their property!
- During the walk please try to stay in character! Folks want to get some good video, so please stay zombified during the walk, eh? This means try not to crack up. :) ... save the cell call for later... Your friends can wait, and shame on them for not being there with you, anyway. Heh!
- Bringing a friend who's not dressed as a zombie? Please ask them to watch, but not to walk with you. The living don't walk with the dead, you see. Footage has been ruined by that smiling living guy or gal trotting along beside us. Don't be that guy or gal. OR, if they're up for being zombified on the spot, I'm sure we could oblige... ;)
- I think that's all, but I still feel like yelling, so... Go clean your room!
Seriously. It smells like something DIED in there.