Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/1/10

NEW PHOTOS: Stone Temple Pilots / Fillmore Detroit / 03.31.10 by LAWRENCEcreative




I have to admit I was a little intimidated by this assignment, and I don't really get intimidated.  For one thing, its the Stone Temple Pilots for f*** sake.  That in itself is pretty intense, considering their history and how relevant they are to my youth and college days.  Add to that that one of the best concert photographers I know is the one who hooked me up with this, I was feeling the pressure.  (Thanks, Gene!)  All that being said, I am happy as sh** with the results, and have been flying high ever since their final bow.

Now, here's the deal with the show: In case you missed it, or thought STP was a has-been group of glam/grunge rock and didnt wanna see them, the show effin' rocked!  I never realized how much Scott resembles a cross between Mick Jagger's swagger on-stage and Vinnie Dombrowski's (local Sponge) bluesy-Rock-n-Roll voice (that is a compliment to all involved, believe it or not!).  Backed up once again by guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz, classic STP revealed itself and all its raw power to a sold out crowd of rowdy teens to reserved grey hairs...and everyone inbetween!   

Goddamn I love my Life!

p.s.  Opening for the fellas was a band called FAIRCHILD.  (I hope this is their MySpace link...I couldnt find anything else.)