Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



1/13/10

MCB-CONTRIBUTOR-PROFILES: John Kalegarekos - creator of SLAW (Something Like A War) w/ Evans and English

time for another of our
MCB CONTRIBUTOR PROFILES
where we feature the folks who are running the streets for MOTORCITYBLOG

Evans and English are the stars

of MCB's semi weekly comic strip

Read more about Something Like A War creator John Kalogerakos here


John K's mind at work



Hey everyone, it is your buddy English.
I am here to tell you about the man who draws me and Evans, John Kalogerakos.
Now originally Evans was going to do this, but this is what he wrote
"John Kalogerakos is a life long Detroiter, a hairdresser, and a Wayne state student studying to get degrees in English and Graphic Design. Along with Something Like A War, John also has a trice weekly webcomic called Pointe East that can be read every Mon-Wed-Fri at http://www.pointe-east.com and he is always excited to hear any and all feedback you have. He can be reached at jekalog@gmail.com."

I mean really Evans, REALLY?!?!
With out John you would have no voice.
You would be a simple lifeless blob in the back of a thought somewhere.

John saved me.
Here I was, the mighty English; scourge of the evil doers and the lame alike, working part time at as an professional mime. I was so bad at getting attention, couldn't even get that as a full time gig, and to top it off no one paid any attention to me!
then one day, John saw my promise, he held the eraser in his left hand, but in his right was my salvation, the pencil. with a few strokes form that mighty right hand
(That sounds a lot dirtier then I planned)
I was given a voice.
those first words are still with me and I'll never forget them.
They were "What the fuck is this?"
That my dear reader, is why I, the star of SLAW, bow at the feet of my maker....
all hail John Kalogerakos!
Hi there readers of MCB
I am Evans
and the views expressed above are only those of English.
I tend to think john is ok, but I'm not gonna go all brown nose.
And besides, I know who butters my bread,
without Kirk telling John to actually do a comic, nothing would ever get done,
he is the one worth bowing to and I appreciate you reading the MCB and SLAW
-Evans, the REAL star of SLAW