Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/14/09

Check out Kinetic Stereo Kids new video by Detroit filmaker

In this twisted tale, director/editor James R. Petix (It Came From Detroit, Tokyo Below) explores the idea that companies could implant product memory into the minds of consumers.The video opens with Kinetic Stereokids frontman Justin Ford arriving at a nondescript laboratory testing facility, by way of a cryptic message on the back of a business card. Ford is subjected to a series of experimental treatments by a suspicious-looking team of white coat lab technicians that begin to alter his memories.
Petix’s use of non-linear storytelling and sharp visual style create an alternative reality that forces both Ford and the viewers to piece together the puzzle for themselves.


Credits:
Directed and Edited by James R. Petix
Produced By Sarah Babila
Camera, Motion Graphics and Design by Nick Forshee
Color Correction by Rick Unger
Props by Eddie Knappenburger
Stages and Post Production services by RingSide Creative


MCB was able to catch up with the band mid-tour on the road
in the van somewhere in the south between Kentucky and California
and ask them a simple question:

What was the making of the new video like?

Justin Ford: It was like going to the dentist and getting a sucker. Free bagels and coffee got me through it, I went up and did my thing on the catwalk. I remember eating cereal, basically I remember mostly food. It was excellent, weird fruitloops, beer in the morning. I really threw myself into this role and practiced my craft. I ate about 5 bowls of cereal a day for a month to perfect the art form.

Mike Steibel: It was basically old stories about girls and their hygiene problems for me. Making people laugh…. The bar was my favorite part cause we were pretty much just hanging out and jamming.

Tony: I got to play manager for the day. I just watched Justin, “the Star” eat food and cha cha dance with all the women. It was totally unfair.

All I did was drink all the booze and pick fights.

Justin: It wasn’t all that glamorous. I was walking around cold ass Detroit fighting off frostbite in soaked shoes. Don’t ask me why. I also had to eat cereal for like 5 hours straight and that’s why at the end it was falling out of my mouth. That stuff went straight to my thighs. I got to keep the cereal in the end.


KSK return to Detroit soon - stay tuned for more info

"KSK IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here