Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/15/09

MONEYPENNY reports on tanker explosion off I75 - 9Mile Hazel Park

MCB's longtime contributor MoneyPenny was on the scene of the tanker crash tonight on I-75 and 9Mile in Hazel Park calling from the road earlier tonight and delivering these photos

<

This week in Moneypenny:

A tanker exploded on I-75 today and melted the bridge above till it collapsed onto the flaming freeway. Giant plumes of toxic smoke are leading streams of curious public to the scene despite adamant media warnings to stay away. I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty bad. Amazingly (and thankfully), so far reports say that no one was seriously hurt.

One "eye-witness" caller on a local radio report stated that a box full of kittens was left on the road and the driver of the tanker in question was "out chasing pussy" when the disaster occurred. I'm not kidding.

I took pictures from the road and my Assistant took some from the pedestrian bridge near the scene. All photos are from very far away, but it is clear from what we can see here that we're all gonna be using 8 Mile for an indefinite amount of time.

Good luck getting to work on Friday Jr. !

Cheers,
Moneypenny