Hot Blues and BBQ, the Village of Oxford, the Oxford Downtown Development Authority, and the Detroit Blues Society are proud to announce that the 5th annual HOT BLUES AND BBQ will be held June 19-20, 2009. The Friday, June 19th event will be held from 7pm-10pm in Centennial Park in Downtown Oxford, MI. The Saturday June 20th event will be held from 12pm to 12am, in beautiful Scripter Park, in the Village of Oxford, Michigan.
The festival has returned to it’s 2-day format after several years of tinkering with several different combinations. According to festival producer, Steve Allen, two days are the best-suited timeframe for maximum exposure for both the Village of Oxford and Blues music in general. The single largest change this year is the fact that all events on both days are absolutely free of charge for admission. This is being done due the poor state of the Michigan economy and to allow families a weekend of fun without the worries of money.
This year’s event is actually 3 events starting with the kickoff concert on Friday evening, followed by Detroit Blues Challenge starting at noon on Saturday, and the core festival beginning at 4pm on Saturday.
THE FRIDAY JUNE 19th KICKOFF EVENT
• MOJO PHOENIX (6:00pm)
• FRONT STREET BLUES BAND (7:00pm)
• TOMAS ESPARZA and the BOA CONSTRICTORS (8:00pm)
• JOSH BOYD AND THE VIP BAND wsg/ MARK “PAZ” PASMAN FROM WCSX (9pm)
THE SATURDAY JUNE 20th EVENT
• BEBE AND THE BLUESMASTERS (12 Noon)
• DAVID GERALD AND INSURRECTION (12:30pm)
• MOTOR HONEY (1:00pm)
• THE FLYING LATINI BROTHERS (1:30pm)
• CROSSROADS BLUES BAND (2:00pm)
• JACOB CLYDE BAND (2:30)
• FROG AND THE BEEFTONES (3:00pm)
• THE BLUESCASTERS (4:00pm)
• MEASURED CHAOS (5:00pm)
• COUNT BRACEY AND THE PLEASURETONES (6:00pm)
• THE ALLIGATORS (7:00pm)
• THE MATT BESEY BAND (8:00pm)
• MOTOR CITY JOSH (9:00pm)
• JASON RICCI AND NEW BLOOD (10:30pm)
"MCB IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here