Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/11/09

PHOTOS: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by RiazK





I was really stoked to hear that MOTORCITYBLOG was being invited to cover an event at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. I hadn't ever been to the museum, and what better way to check it out for the first time than for absolutely effin free courtesy of MCB!! - RiazK

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was an amazing space to walk into. I couldn't get over the feeling that legends strutted through these very doors for induction ceremonies every year. The architecture was like nothing I'd witnessed before. It was cool to see how Detroit is featured prominently amongst their displays with memorabililia spanning from Marvin Gaye's hat to Iggy Pop's duct-tape pants. And why not? It's no secret that Detroit has always been integral to the history of American fucking Rock!

George Kalinsky's exhibit, "Live from Madison Square Garden" was a phenomenal group of photographs that he shot as MSG's exclusive photographer over the past four decades.

The crisp black and white wall-size of Jimi Hendrix on stage was the first shot I saw and was one that I found especially moving. As George was busy when I got there, I had some time to kill and could walk around at my leisure and absorb all the awesome images on display. You can see them here on George's website or head to the museum which is only a few hours drive from Detroit.

When George was able to come around, I was introduced to him by the museum's PR people and I found him to be incredibly gracious and humble. I couldn't believe this guy was from New York city! (Hey - just sayin'!!). George talked to me a little about some of the shots and we exchanged contact details before we parted. As I was exiting the event I glanced back at some of the amazing work that this man has compiled over the years and made a mental note that I am on the same path.

George, I am most definitely going to take you up on that lunch the next time I'm in the Big A !!!

Thanks for inviting the MCB out for such an amazing exhibit.
-MCB's RaizK