Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



11/10/14

Eminem inspires NativeAm hip hop artist playing Dearborn Nov. 14 at Arab American National Museum

Check out Global Fridays artist, Lakota hip hop artist Frank Waln from South Dakota's Rosebud Reservation. He plays here at the Arab American National Museum at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14; he and his traditional dancer will also give a workshop at 5:30 p.m. that day at the Museum.

 

He was on the lineup for a concert last weekend with Willie Nelson and Neil Young protesting the Keystone XL Pipeline late last month: http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/09/26/willie-neil-young-and-me-frank-waln-takes-stage-legends-saturday-157070

 

From that same story:

Detroit's Eminem inspired Frank's hip hop career: "I come from a small community on Rosebud called "He Dog." One evening when I was in 6th grade, I was walking on the gravel road with my mom, and something glistened in the sun, catching the corner of my eye. I walked over and found a copy of Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP. It was really scratched up.  I picked it up, took it home, found a CD player, and it blew my mind. Ever since then I've been in love with hip hop."

 

Connect with us | ACCESS |Arab American National Museum |
National Network for Arab American Communities | Center for Arab American Philanthropy