Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



11/19/14

Show Preview: Thanksgiving Is Still Murder Wed. Nov. 26 The Magic Bag


There’s a killer show coming next week on the busiest bar night of the year, Thanksgiving is Still Murder at the Magic Bag. Headlining the show, The Smiths United will play their Smiths and Morrissey songs that they have rehearsed and played so much they may as well claim them as their own. While they will play all the crowd favorites like “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” and “This Charming Man” they always throw in a few surprises. Hopefully the night will include their gripping version of “November Spawned A Monster.” I think with Re-cure this is the first time we get a Cure tribute experience. I have never seen the Cure play live so I am looking forward to them getting “Close to Me.” I was never a big Siouxsie and the Banshees fan until I saw Playground Twist play and they made me realize just how many great songs S&B put out. They stick to the darker sides of Siouxsie with the lead singer channeling Siouxie Sioux in both voice and fashion. In between sets Mikel O.D. (that’s me) will be DJing old and new dance tracks that I promise will provide smiles and some shuffling of the feet. Sure there’s a million other things going the same night but this show is a guaranteed good night out.