Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/12/09

PHOTOS: Dead Confederate ~ The Whigs @ Magic Stick Detroit by MoneyPenny


MCB's MoneyPenny was asked to come out to the whigs / dead confederate show last night and came out with these shots just for you!

"haha...I fucking LOVE that new MCB logo.
Makes me wanna go to the late-night double-feature picture show. ;)

Last nights show was ok. Place was pretty empty and the small crowd consisted almost entirely of little kiddies. The only one working with the band that I could even find was the t-shirt sales guy and he was useless to me. I walked all around that place and the only people working that I could see were the ones serving drinks. It even took the door guy three tries to find my name on the list, they were kinda giving me shit (WTF is up with that? Do little people get off on this?). I had my finger on your number in my phone and I was ready to press "send" JUST as they found my name. Yeah, there it is you freakin' moron - right in front of you...

That must have been a real tough one...considering it was right at the top of the list written in capital letters.

Anyway...Everyone else barely looked old enough to get into the bar, including the singers for both opening bands. So, I made my time there all about getting good shots of the show.

Both of the kiddie bands did a good job and seemed to get the other kids moving a bit, even though it was clearly a Whigs crowd. As for me, I just HATE EMO. With a scathing passion (I think I'm just about 10 years too old to get on that bandwagon, so to speak).

So the whiny, wailing, skinny-boy thing made it really easy to keep my focus on shooting. I could tell they were kids with talent though. Dead Confederate had a creepy/cool lighting setup and I think I got some really cool shots with lots of smokey light-beam effects.

The singer looks just like Eddie Furlong in Terminator. The little girls loved it.

I made Dead Confederate the focus of my shoot, but I have plenty of Whigs and the other band too...Terrence's Arc? Traces Arc? Something. I dunno.

So I should probably get my slacker-ass back to the job. Which is really killing me today.
It's amazing what I do for what I make. ~ Cheers, MoneyPenny

"MONEYPENNY IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here