Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/4/09

Good Girls Being Bad: Let's Get Physical

Good Girls Being Bad

We are back again even after the complaint about our fucking language! You are probably one of the douche bags that got off on watching grown men line dance to Maroon 5 with their shirt off last night at Thunda from Down Unda. We were almost asked to leave after Rebecca manhandled a couple of the dancers. Hey Dave Hughes you said, “You can stroke, not choke”. We could have put on a better show than them. Just me in my Zebra pants dancing on the floor would have made that room go gay in a second. I just want to thank Andrew Dice Clay for the tickets because the night was pretty hilarious.

This past week has been a great one for me. I went up north to celebrate the life of my dear friend Rachel Foli (RIP 5/29/78 – 5/28/08) at the Compound. I admit I had been a bit apprehensive about going. I am glad though because it reminded me where I am from and who I am. I was lucky enough to have run with the wolves and howled at the moon. That’s about all I can say. That and maybe some great quotes from around the fire: “Girlfriends are only trying to make you prefag”, “I am going on a journey”, “I thought I would take a two mile run and remembered I was really drunk” and my personal favorite “After the waitress said we were going to need to leave I calmly walked up to the bartender and said ‘We are from the Detroit Area and this is how we do things. We are just having our own party and aren’t causing any trouble. If you ask us to leave we will have no choice but to start trouble.’ They let us stay.”

Meanwhile, I spent Saturday, also celebrating life at the 30th birthday party of my dear friend Seth in Romulus. A day of grilling, drinking and volleyball at the park was a nice intro to what ended up being yet another night of dancing-my-ass-off-until-the-lights-come-on at Eden. I stopped over at the VIP Russian Night, the hottest Euro-trash party of the weekend, to say what’s up to Jenny LaFemme. And, like a Medusa in a sea full of douche-bags, I blew up the dance-floor to her pounding KGB-Beats.

Sunday was NINJA where we ran into our friend Kevin owner of Product of Detroit who was nice enough to have saved us a spot. That show is in my top 3 of the year, I don’t want to call best of the year just yet. Anyone who doesn’t get why NIN open for Jane’s Addiction can suck my dick. All you other chickas out there can have your Dave Navarro I want a Fox named Perry Farrell. We fit, being animals and all. I knew it was the best way to end the weekend when Perry yelled out “Let’s celebrate Death” and then played Classic Girl. Which hasn’t been performed in 18 years, and they jammed that whole show. That is true talent people, everyone bitches about the lip syncing and the low energy of some of the bigger named artists. Well Jane’s Addiction Gaver!

These Good Girls were nice enough to let MCB’s own Shane Glenn handle this week’s photo shoot. See what happens when you join a gym and get Physical?



Tuesday night we were back in Tokyo for Japan’s hottest club night. This week we met up with some of Detroit’s Royalty at our after party. You know who you are you lucky bastards! This week we also donated to charity. We can’t keep all the money we get for being so hot and famous. Up next another social experiment with Douche Night. A couple hard core friends who can Giver’ will be joining us as we go undercover as douche bags to see how they live. We have some bail money set aside and my Lrg Hobo is packed. Saturday there is a kick ass party, followed by a Drag Show Sunday and then another week of Genius. Here’s hoping you are lucky enough to run into us!

Your Pal Omar and RebeccaMich!


"MCB IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here