Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/8/11

UPCOMING: Childish Gambino, 17 May


Childish Gambino (aka Donald Glover)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Being not anything of a rap/hiphop fan, I was a little surprised by how much I loved this bit. Shouldn't be a surprise, though – I do love wordplay and cleverness, and there aren't many cleverer than currently-exploding-star Donald Glover (writer for one of the best comedies on TV, "30 Rock," and a regular player/favorite of mine on another of TV's best comedies, "Community").

You can't buy Childish Gambino on iTunes, but you can find his videos and music at Glover's website. Watch this more than once, with your 'phones on. And don't forget, you can buy tickets with no services charges if you get them directly from the Majestic box office!


Freaks and Geeks from Donald  Glover on Vimeo.

“IAMDONALD TOUR is an interactive experience that uses live music, comedy, and video to covey the personal experience of being me, Donald Glover. Everyone who comes to the show will leave the show my best friend.”

“IAMDONALD is about not letting people define you.  A lot of my fans tweet or email me saying how they like that I do a lot of things and are held back by people saying “You’re a writer.  Why are you acting?” or “You can’t rap about the show Rugrats.” I say “F**k that.” “That’s pretty much the show.”