|Ed Sheeran joins Snow Patrol to sing New York|
Snow Patrol Hits Detroit In Support of Fallen Empires
Imagine the love of your life is driving away down a highway and you’re stuck floating away in a hot air balloon watching the car slowly disappear. It’s like a dream when you are trying to run, but can’t go faster than slow motion. You’re gasping for love as it’s escaping you. That’s a Snow Patrol performance.
UK rockers leave Detroit wanting more after blasting through hits and new tracks from their recent release Fallen Empires.
They exploded with “Hands Open” and everyone in The Fillmore went Crazy In Love. From there Detroit fans were treated to a two-hour show that included:
- Hands Open
- Take Back The City
- Crack The Shutters
- This Isn’t Everything You Are
- In The End
- New York
- Set The Fire To The Third Bar
- Make This Go On Forever
- Shut Your Eyes
- Chasing Cars
- Called Out In The Dark
- Fallen Empires
- You’re All I Have
- Open Your Eyes
- Just Say Yes
A few of the show highlights included:
- Lightbody sang “New York” with Ed Sheeran, which they did recently at a piano store in Montreal.
- Gary Lightbody sang altered lyrics for the beginning of “Shut Your Eyes” that were just for Detroit… “Shut your eyes and think of somewhere, somewhere cold like the D.”
- A fan made his way to the front of the crowd to give Lightbody his North Ireland soccer jersey, which Lightbody wore for “Chasing Cars” and then autographed afterwards for the fan.
- At one point, Lightbody started talking about the two oversized knights in the walls at the Fillmore as if they were going to come alive and if they had done so he stated… “and I would kick their asses.”
- Lightbody shared that the song “Chocolate” was written on a ferry from Glasgow to Belfast.
Snow Patrol put all they had into each song. However, they let it all hang out for the song “Fallen Empires,” which added an eighth musician to the stage (instead of the seven on stage all night) for a music experience that made you feel as if you were actually in the middle of an empire falling.
Follow Snow Patrol on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnowPatrol
Buy the new album: http://www.islanddefjam.com/snowpatrol/
Watch videos and more: http://www.snowpatrol.com