Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



9/18/09

Kenny Martin Tribute : New Dodge Lounge : 09.17.09


Below is a slide show from a very cool evening spent in Hamtramck, MI at the New Dodge Lounge. The Detroit Blue's Society was sponsoring a Tribute to the late Kenny Martin (dec. Sept. 6th, 2009) to help cover his funeral expenses.

Having never really been to a Blues/Jazz gig since the old Soup Kitchen days in the Warehouse District, I completely forgot how good it is to hear really good local Blues/Jazz music in a small venue. Add to that the historical significance of all the contributors to this evenings tribute, I found myself having a great time. My only complaint for the entire evening, other than the fact that I wish I had heard of these performers prior to this event, is that my images will do absolutely no justice to the great music that was being played.

Having been introduced to the free-wheeling, yet tight, sounds of RJ's Rhythm Rockers, the obvious elegant presence of Sir Mac Rice, and the frail-in-body, yet powerful-in-voice Alberta Adams... I am a true fan now.