Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/25/12

Lyle Lovett & John Hiatt @ The Fillmore

Lyle Lovett  John Hiatt
I felt privileged to be at this show. It was like an episode of storytellers. No, it was something more. I felt like I got to watch two good friends hang-out and enjoy each other's company. You could've changed the chair's to tree stumps, the table into a fire, and the stage into a backyard and you wouldn't have known the difference. I'm glad I got to see them in this type of setting.


I wondered how the show was going to happen with Lyle and John being on equal footing starwise. As I walked and saw the stage, I knew we was in for a treat. They would be sharing the stage, playing together. It work quite sell too. They took turns playing songs, supporting each other as needed. There was a nice interplay between the two. The banter between the songs seemed real. The show had a intimate feel to it. Though they weren't taking requests, when the fans called out a song, they would consider playing them and at times did. It was a great show for the fans to see.


It was a great show to cover, to see. There was no opening act, which wasn't even missed. They played for two, unrushed hours. Listen to crowd after the show was over, everyone was quite satisfied.