Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



2/11/13



Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


At some point in my history I started to get annoyed by award shows. Maybe there are too many or they just never seem to flow properly or whatever. I was basically watching some movies last night and occasionally checking online to see who was winning all the awards. Today I randomly tuned in to see people's comments about the show, which I get more fun ouit of than actually watching the show, and who actually won all the categories. It's amazing all the negative comments that appear. It makes me wonder why those people actually watched the show if they didn't care for Taylor Swift or any of the other performers and nominees at the Grammys.

Personally, I think most of the acts nominated are very good though there are always acts that never get nominated (usually due to things like low sales, etc) that deserve it more than some aging rockers (though sometimes they can really bring it). I usually keep track of the artists I have seen that won awards more than anything else. This year, I saw 24 of the artists who won awards (8 of which I saw this past year) including Jimmy Cliff, Bonnie Raitt, Chick Corea, Black Keys, Paul McCartney, Drake, Steep Canyon Rangers, Lila Downs, Adele, Pat Metheny, fun., Mumford & Sons, Jay-Z, etc. To me that is all I care for. Just give me a list of the winners and I'll be happy. I don't care about who wore what or who showed up with who. Just give me that final list and I'll be happy.

So to all you negative people out there, just do what I do. Occasionally keep track online during the show but do other, more enjoyable things. Read the results the next day and youtube any performances that sound especially pleasing. It's a lot better than watching something and to kepp writing negative things every 5 minutes about how you can't stand the newer artists or whatever. That reminds me, the Oscars are right around the corner and guess what I won't be watching.

Speaking of music, here are some good shows to check out. Too bad that Buckwheat Zydeco show canceled but at least you guys have Doro playing at Blondies. She was here in Rochester the night we got 12 inches of snow so I didn't makeit. I was really looking forward to see a true rock show and that damn weather had to happen. I might have gone if the venue would've answered their phone or had posted something on facebook saying if the show was still going on but I didn't want to risk going out of my way to find the show was canceled due to weather. Why don't some venues do a better job of keeping the fans up to date on the latest unfo. As soon as a show cancels, get it online. If the weather is bad, let us know if it is going on or not. For such an advanced technological world we live in, some people are still working analog.

Tuesday (2/12) - Avett Brothers @ Hill Auditorium (Ann Arbor), Polish Muslims @ New Dodge Bar, Polka Floyd @ Small's

Thursday (2/14) - Maroon 5 w/Owl City and Neon Trees @ Palace Of Auburn Hills, Howling Diablos @ PJ's Lager House, Lonestar @ Royal Oak Music Theatre

Friday (2/15) - Kodo Drummers @ Hill Auditorium, Ragbirds @ Magic Bag

Saturday (2/16) - Jamey Johnson @ the Fillmore, Lady Gaga @ Palace of Auburn Hills

Sunday (2/17) - Insane Clown Posse @ St Andrews Hall