Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/10/14

1st Annual Hamtramck Music Festival | 2 Days of Bar Hoppin' and Drinkin'

Article + Images by Brett J Lawrence | LAWRENCECREATIVE

EDITOR NOTE: BRETT LAWRENCE RETIRED FROM MCB MANY YEARS AGO BUT WE LIKE TO REACH WAY BACK AND DUST EM OFF FROM TIME TO TIME...FROM TOUR BUS INTERVIEWS TO BACK STAGE MAYHEM; BRETT HAS SEEN IT ALL AND AFTER MANY A DRINK WE CONVINCED HIM TO COME BACK AND ROLL A BI-WEEKLY COLUMN ABOUT MUSIC ART FOOD BASEBALL BOOZE BABES
WELCOME BACK BRETT!

Long time no hear!  It's been a while since I've posted anything here and to tell you the truth...I've missed it. There's just something about dark venues, sticky beer-soaked floors and local music listened to through PBR-induced ears that I was missing.  That being the case, I'm back with a set of shots highlighting a majority of the venues at this years 1st Annual Hamtramck Music Festival.

My goal was simple: start at one end of Joseph Campeau and find myself at the other, hitting as many of the bars as possible while enjoying the cheapest draft they had.  While most had Miller products as the cheapest, for about $2, it was 'Whiskey in a Jar' that won with their ice-cold 24oz cans of PBR for $4!  Bonus Points: I got to meet City Clerk August Gitschlag serving me those PBRs.  Gotta love it.

One last thing, I am not the best at reviewing bands (I know what I like if I hear it), so I prefer to let my pictures speak for themselves.


Rock City Eatery | Languagestain & The Ubiquitous Prose





Lo&Behold | Remnose




Mars Bar | King Eddie




Whiskey in the Jar | Superbomb




Paycheck's | Melvin Davis




Small's | Belterra




Polish Village Cafe | Five Pound Snap






Baker Streetcar | Jesus Chainsaw Massacre







Painted Lady | Eroders



(Just catching up on some light reading...)






and back to Small's | The Amino Acids