Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/7/09

The Hamtramck Rainout - TONIGHT!

MCB started the blowout yesterday at The Fillmore Detroit for a pretty cool event called Jazz on the Vine. Its a benefit to raise cash for Gilda's Club and of course as a sponser we wanted to stay as long as possible (plus with Kimmie Horne on teh bill how can you leave?)

finally with the presky wives and significant others in tow we left the fillmore by 10pm and had to race over to The Belmont and deliver a new video camera to one of the guys. Seems one of the handhelds took a dump after being tossed around like a football earlier in the day ended up in small pieces - the tape looks fine :)

I then made my over to Madame XD at TCH which was great...see this band!
with no time to change I found it amusing attending the blowout in a suit
ran into Sue Static on the way to I,Crime ~ chatted with the HafLife crew who play tonight at HCT by the way and the dude from 1592 out on the street

just went on like that for the night - it was actually my night off from "working the blowout" and without the camera incident I would not have even attended on Friday at all.....

with 5 MCBers running last night I heard they all hit like 12-19 shows
EACH!
with the great weather and scheduling shifts it has been easier to move on as we have practiced a 15 minute rule at each venue but I am sure the Hamtramck Rainout tonight will reduce our coverage numbers