Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/16/10

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog
He has a radio program on WXOU out of Oakland University

Wild At Heart





It looks like my mom should be coming home this week depending on a few factors and I’m a bit nervous about everything. I’m going to be glad to be home to help take care of her but there are some things I’m going hate. Already I feel like I’m sneaking around the house at night which is awkward. My parents usually go to bed around 9-10PM while I’m up until at least 1AM. I have been trying to put together lists of things to bring home and trying to figure out where to put everything that I do bring home, esp my extensive comic book collection which they were so glad to get rid of. When I made the decision to stay in Detroit for another year, I had no idea something like this would come up though I would be lying if I said the thoughts never occurred to me. When your parents reach a certain age, there is always that fear that something will happen, esp when you live far away. It is also magnified when you are an only child. Taking care of my parents falls on me and no one else and it is tough to lose the independence I’ve been accustomed to having. I do look forward to seeing everyone when I get back in town the end of this week so I hope everyone is doing well and make sure to count the blessings that you have. When you watch the news or see other people in the hospital, you do realize there are some things much worse to deal with.

If you need a diversion, I do recommend the new exhibit at the Cranbrook Institute Of Science entitled “World of Dinosaurs; Land, Sea and Air” which will run until January 2, 2011 which gives everyone plenty of time to check it out. The exhibit is a collection of over 60 skeletal mounts, cast and restored from original specimens representing 40 species and including actual dinosaur eggs, bones and fossilized insects. The majority of the exhibit focuses on the era 250-65 million years to the Mesozoic Era and should appeal to all the dinosaur hunters out there. There is even the opportunity to sit on a real Apatosaurus limb bone or get involved to a mini-dig in the children’s area. The exhibit features a lot of neat displays which should excite every dinosaur fan so make the time to get out and see the exhibit. Remember, Pontiac residents get free admission. My grade is a B+ since some of the exhibit could be a bit more spread out for easy viewing.

Looking for a fun concert, here are a few ideas:


Hanson @ Royal Oak Music Theatre - 8/17
Herbie Hancock @ Chene Park - 8/18
Gov’t Mule @ Royal Oak Music Theatre - 8/18
Zac Brown Band @ Pine Knob - 8/18
Black Crowes @ Fillmore - 8/20
Pat Benetar & REO Speedwagon - 8/20
J Geils Band @ Pine Knob - 8/21
Rihanna & Ke$ha @ Pine Knob - 8/22
Green day & AFI @ Pine Knob - 8/23


Once again, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I’ll be back in town soon.