Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



11/29/10

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog
He has a radio program on WXOU out of Oakland University

Wild At Heart


Just sitting here typing my blog and realizing that I don’t have much to say this week. Here in NY, we had a taste of snow on Thanksgiving but nothing too interesting. Just finished the last of the leftovers this morning. I believe leftover cold turkey sandwiches are one of the best meals one can find and it’s always sad when the last of the leftovers is gone. I also watched way too much football, esp considering most of my teams lost. I was really rooting for Boise St to get into the BCS Championship but they stumbled against Nevada while Auburn pulled it off over Alabama despite being down 24-0 at one point. I would love to see a non-conference team make the bowl so now it’s up to TCU. Also, I expected Detroit to lose but they looked good for 3 quarters and my Cowboys lost thanks to Williams not being to hang onto the ball (he came from Detroit so the curse must also affect former players).

I must also admit I was happy when the Palin chick lost “Dancing With The Stars”. I really thought Brandi was looking good in the competition and was pissed when she got voted off by the Palin supporters. That is what I hate about a lot of these voting shows, esp something like Dancing. Palin had the moves down but was unable to convey any emotion on her face during the dance routines. The only reason she was advancing was because of the political vote. Of course, I’m not sure why she is considered a celebrity since besides having her kid, I can’t think of anything to give her any stardom. I don’t recall her in any of her mother’s promotions for the show and it’s not like she has an album, a modeling career, a reality show or anything else that gives her a reason to be on the show. One might argue that the only thing making her a celebrity is appearing on the show. Anyway, I’m glad she lost and Jennifer (Dirty Dancing) Grey won. I thought she was second best and she put some great routines done despite her age and being injured.

If you are looking for some shows, not much is happening but here are a few ideas:

Tuesday (11/30) – Meg & Dia @ the Pike Room
Friday (12/03) – the Americana sounds of the Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Michigan Theatre, local Americana band Lac La Belle opens for Orpheum Bell @ the Ark

Saturday (12/04) – Crystal Method @ Vain Ultra Lounge, Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs @ Magic Stick, Trapt @ Harpo’s (hopefully an interview will follow)

Here’s a phot I took last week when I went to my favorite record shop and saw Chris Poland (of Megadeath fame) play a 2 hour set.
Chris Poland

Here is another car from the concours. The red convertible in the front is the car I rode in when I covered the Concours that year. They always have a parade through town and I was lucky enough to get an invite.

car from parade

This is a car with an actual propellor that was also in the parade.

flying car

That’s all for now and by the end of the week, I hope to have an interview with the band Trapt.