Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/8/12

Review: Motor City Movement 2012


Motor City Movement, the exquisite dance event brought to you by Jill Zmijewski and Ryan Nunley was back at the Crofoot Saturday night. In between running from Sparkfest (see my review) on one side of Crofoot and MCM on the other I took in some great artistic performances that made me wish I really could be in two places at the same time.  Hosted again this year by Heather Zara and music by DJ Dyada there was also a few flashy guest appearances from a dancer (I didn't catch the name) that can currently be seen on So You Think You Can Dance.



This year’s show featured another plethora of talented dance troupes took the stage with performances that were both more artistic and edgier from last year. Since a couple of the dance teams pulled their music from Hyper Crush (who really should be as popular as LMFAO) I gave them big props for putting their “fingers up" and “werkin” it. Other routines included a dancer all the way from Finland and a vampire dance that brought chills.



The photos from the show give you a glimpse into how spectacular this event is if you want to see more including some of the attendees just hop on over to my flickr page.