Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



2/3/13

Jamaican Queens and some big booty shaking at The Crofoot

Last Thursday the Jamaican Queens hypnotized the crowd with a very intense performance at the crowfoot Ballroom. Jamaican Queens opened the night for Tunde Olaniran and Big Freedia. The bands were very interesting, but the fans that came to see them were a whole different story. I saw just people I would see everyday, to crosdressers... Hell I saw a guy who had half of his face clean shaved and the other half was a full four inch beard, it was a really bizarre show.

There was a lot of buzz around the opening band, Jamaican Queens. After seeing them, I now know what all the hype was about. The band has a unique blend of alternative and grunge rock. Their music was so mezmorizing, when I looked at the crowd they all looked like they have been put under a spell, or everyone was on lots of drugs. As the show went on the crowd became bigger and bigger. I think it is safe to say that the highlight of everyone's night was all the booty bouncing that took place on stage.