Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/12/14

NEW RELEASE! 8-BIT OPERATORS : TRIBUTE TO DEPECHE MODE : ENJOY THE SCIENCE


As a fan of synth in music and 80's video games 8-bit music is an easy thing for me to like. 8-Bit is music generated from the old Atari systems and other game consoles, I can’t exactly tell you how they make music from these old gaming systems because if I could, I’d be making some of it myself. Its happy music with bleeps and bloops with the only drawback being that it sometimes sounds like more of a novelty act than sustainable genre. However, that’s where Enjoy the Science throws down the gauntlet and provides listeners with a worthy cover collection of Depeche Mode, a band that was built for an a 8-Bit tribute.
The songs all contain 8-Bit elements but also have quality vocals and other traditional instruments which combined create tracks that are as fun to listen to as the originals. For the most part the songs chosen are the hits that resonate with DM fans, like “Enjoy the Silence” and “Strange Love” avoiding some of their later, moodier material. Even better, there are songs like Naomi Sample’s “Somebody,” which, while I can’t tolerate DM’s sappy original, I like this snappy rendition. Laker ft. ONTBG take on “Clean” and provide a neat track that has samples of David Gahan discussing his drug days. Overall, this is a collection that won’t let me down when I’m driving around with my best friend.

TRACKLISTING
01. Bacalao - But Not Tonight
02. Herbert Weixelbaum - Enjoy The Silence
03. GOTO80 - Boys Say Go
04. Matt Nida feat. Lisa Schumann - Policy of Truth
05. ComputeHer - Strangelove
06. gwEm - Martyr
07. Laker feat. ONTBG - Clean
08. 8-Bit Operators - Photographic (Megamix)
09. Patokai - New Life
10. Aonami - (Set Me Free) Remotivate Me
11. crashfaster - Never Let Me Down Again
12. gameboymusicclub - Dreaming Of Me
13. Naomi Sample - Somebody
14. Yerzmyey - I Just Can’t Get Enough
15. Inverse Phase - Behind The Wheel