Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/13/14

Rock on the Range 2014

RotR Logo
Rock on the Range, what a way to kick off the summer concert season. It was my first RotR, it won't be my last. It's a festival for rock n roll music lovers, check out the line-up. Old school, new school, and well established bands.
RotR Line Up

Looking at the line-up, you could plant yourself in the stadium, watch the headliners all day, and have a great time. Each day, the bands build and build until the main acts end the day. Each day had a few of my favorites, Sunday was my favorite for the main stage, Wolfmother, Mastodon, Five Finger Death Punch, and Kid Rock to end. I enjoy the music of every single band that played the main stage. But I'm a music lover and I found myself being pulled to the sides stages time and again.
One OK Rock-5 Butcher Babies-4 Living Colour-16Down-7

The side stages are where RotR excels. There are old school bands, Living Colour, Suicidal Tendencies, Jason Bonham. Newer bands that are creating a buzz, We Came as Romans, Devour the Day, Texas Hippie Coalition. And bands that I haven't heard, One OK Rock, Avatar, Stars in Stereo. My new favorites from the side stages are Crobot, Monster Truck, Wilson, The Pretty Reckless, and Miss May I.
Wilson-14 Crobot-7 The Prety Reckless-20 Suicidal Tendencies-5

I really had fun, seen some great bands, learned of some new ones. With very few exceptions, it seemed like everyone came to have a good time. There were families there. No one got too rowdy that I know of. It is a rock concert so as long as know that going in, you will have a great time.
Righteous Vendetta-5 Monster Truck-1 MIss May I-1 Jason Bonham LZE-15

Photos: