Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/19/13




Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


It looks to be a big weekend for me. I'm traveling to Toronto to check out the Toronto Fan Expo which is probably one of my favorite events of the year. It starts Thursday and runs until Sunday. They have a great line-up including Zachary (Star Trek, Heroes) Quinto, Stephen (Green Arrow) Amell, Joe Montana, Todd (Spawn) McFarlane , Alice Cooper, Linda (Terminator) Hamilton and director Joe (Gremlins) Dante. Also, they are planning some special events for the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who including an appearance by Colin Baker. Should be a great convention. While up there I also plan on hitting the Buskerfest, the Mesopotamia exhibit at the ROM and whatever else I can get into. I'll have some pictures next week of the trip though despite seeing Adam Ant and the Birthday Massacre, I wish I could stay until Sunday to see Iggy and the Stooges and the reunion after 22 years of the Replacements (see video below). Why can't I live in Toronto?

If you can't make Toronto, try out these cool shows:

Tuesday (8/20) - Kid Rock and ZZ Top @ Pine Knob, Audra Kubat @ Union Street (Detroit)

Wednesday (8/21) - Sergio Mendes @ Chene Park

Thursday (8/22) - Depeche Mode @ Pine Knob

Friday (8/23) - Wailers @ Campus Martius Park

Saturday (8/24) - Alice In Chains and Janes Addiction @ Pine Knob, "Tesco Fest" feat the Queers @ Magic Stick

Sunday (8/25) - Lyle Lovett @ Meadow Brook Theatre, Rare Earth and the Animals @ Freedom Hill, Michael McDonald @ Chene Park, Kenny Loggins @ Macomb Music Theatre

Monday (8/26) - Rickie Lee Jones @ the Ark, Sammy Hagar @ Pine Knob