Hey, this is pretty cool. Who doesn't like massive machinery, shiny new vehicles, automation, driving other people's cars and… Teamsters?
GM Open House
Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly Center
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
The East Parking Lot Gate will open for the public only at 9:00 AM and close to the public at 3:00 PM.
• Quarter hour cart tour of the assembly area of the plant.
• 14 GM Vehicles (including the all-new Chevy Volt) will be available for a ride and drive (must be 21 years old with a valid drivers license).
• Dealers from all four GM Brands (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac) will be on-site.
• Displays and vendor exhibits.
• Informational Booths
• To participate in the Open House requires going to the registration website to sign up.
• All members of the public must register to attend the Open House by going to the Detroit/Hamtramck tab on the GM Open House website at WWW.GMPLANTNEWS.COM.
• Every person that wants to attend the Open House must register and print out a confirmation sheet to show security when they arrive at the plant during the time slot they selected.
• The minimum age for Open House attendees is 12 years old.
• More than one person can register on the same computer, but you must print out a registration sheet for each person that registers.
• The website will allow a maximum of 600 people to register for each time slot.
• The available time slots are:
- 9:00 AM 10:30 AM
- 10:30 AM Noon
- Noon 1:30 PM
- 1:30 PM 3:00 PM
• All attendees must come during their registered time slot or risk being turned away if the open house is currently full.