Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/8/13



Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


Sorry to disappoint everyone but I don't really have a lot to talk about this week. I have just been going to recitals at the Eastman School Of Music, cleaning the house and watching some movies. Actually, this weekend I caught the foreign film "Bullhead" (very good) and the documentary "Undefeated" (excellent) which means with the exception of the 5 short documentary features, I have now seen every film nominated for the 2012 Acedemy Awards so I can now focus on 2013 though those damn short documentaries get me every time.

Of course, now that my Orangemen are out of the tournament, I got to choose between loyalty to the Big East (Louisville) or my old stomping grounds (Michigan). Michigan played a great game vs Syracuse on Saturday though those bright yellow outifts might account for that. Too much glare. Still, they shot great when they needed to. Those long range threes are something else when they make them. I just hope it is a great game and may the best team win. Go Michigan! (OK, since you beat my team I have to root for you now).

After you basketball withdrawal, here are some concerts to check out for the week including a doubleshot of Mr Seger who always puts on a great show.

Tuesday (4/09) - Teddy Geiger @ Pike Room, Tom Butwin @ Hatchy's Bar (Utica)

Thursday (4/11) - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band w/Joe Walsh @ Palace of Auburn Hills, Deerhoof w/Javelins @ Pike Room, Ben Folds @ Hill Auditorium

Friday (4/12) - Living Colour @ Magic Bag, Yes @ Fox Theatre

Saturday (4/13) - Acid Mothers Temple w/Outrageous Cherry @ Magic Stick, STS9 @ The Fillmore, Iamdynamite w/Sights @ Smalls, Boz Scaggs @ Ceasars Windsor, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band w/Joe Walsh @ Palace of Auburn Hills, Pistol Day Parade @ Diesel Concert Lounge (Chesterfield TWP), Thornetta Davis @ Masonic Temple (Detroit)

Sunday (4/14) - Black Crowes @ The Fillmore, Andy Grammer w/Parachute @ Crofoot, Xiao Dong Wei @ Magic Stick

Monday (4/15) - Black Angels @ Magic Stick