Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/2/13



Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


Where does the time go. I am sorry this is one day behind schedule but I think I just lost track of the time. I finally got round to getting my taxes done last night which was probably why. I think I got this whole tax thing down. I am getting exactly $2 more back from my Federal than I am paying the State which is exciting. That means all my money is working for me instead of making money for the government. That's a good feeling. Don't forget, just 2 more weeks until the deadline for filing takes place. If you haven't got them done yet, make sure you make you get started before it's too late.

John Sinclair fans better make sure you find yourself at Kochoff Hall A inside the Univeristy of Michigan - Dearborn University Center on Thursday April 4th from noon-1:30PM for a performance with His Blues Scholars. One of the best things to come out of Flint, Sinclair is known as being an activist, poet, author and manager for the MC5. After the live performance, Sinclair will be giving a talk from 3-4:30PM entitled "Kicking Out The Jams" in room 1030 of the CASL Building. This should be a great opportunity to get up close and personal with an icon of the 1960's underground movement. Don't miss out if you can.

Here are some additional shows you can check out throughout the week:

Tuesday (4/02) - Bad Religion w/Against Me! @ St Andrews Hall

Thursday (4/04) - Hugh Masekela @ Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts

Friday (4/05) - Frontier Ruckus @ the Ark, Thornetta Davis @ Cliff Bell, Kevin Saunderson @ Gracie's Underground

Saturday (4/06) - Big Wreck @ the Shelter, Macpodz w/John Sinclair @ Blind Pig, Esperanda Spalding @ Michigan Theatre, Otep @ Harpos, Serena Ryder @ Magic Stick, Jill Jack @ Callahans

Sunday (4/07) - Ana Popovic @ Callahans

Monday (4/08) - Jimmie Vaughn @ Callahans, Joe Pug opens for the Flatlanders @ the Ark