Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/25/11

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog

Wild At Heart



Here we are nearing the end of April and I'm still waiting for some truly warm weather to come along. You are catching me in the middle of some things so not much to write about. Tune in midweek for the hopeful movie review of Heartbeats (this has been delayed a few weeks as is so hopefully it will be opening in Detroit this weekend). Check back to find out. I am working on getting an interview with the Funeral Party who will be in town shortly opening for the Deftones. More on that later!

There is not much on the concert scene for me to recommend this week so here are a few options for you:


Wednesday (4/26) - Uh Huh Her @ Magic Bag

Thursday (4/27) - Sondre Lerche @ Lakeview Farm Barn (Dexter)

Friday (4/28) - Lil Ed & the Blues Imperials @ Callahans

Saturday (4/29) - Muggs (CD release party) w/Hentchmen @ Magic Bag


I do recommend the Uh Huh Her show. I interviewed Leisha Hailey (of the Murmurs and a cast member of “The L Word”) the last time they were in town and the band put on a great performance. Here is a song to get you motivated.




Hate to end with nothing else to talk about so quickly here are a couple of things bothering me this week. First, I can’t believe gas prices are back to hovering around $4 a gallon. When I was living in Detroit it wasn’t so bad because I was going to most concerts for free, but here I not only have to buy my concert tickets (for the most part), but I have to drive a good distance for some of the best shows (Buffalo, Geneva, Toronto) so that really puts a damper on my concert goings. The worst thing is that every is getting into the talks about how the government and companies will try to wean us off the dependence of foreign oil but as soon as the prices start to dip, all that talk and any efforts to make it happen are going to disappear as they do every time. I think government officials and corporate owners should make around the same price as the workers so they know exactly how the little guy feels when stuff like this happens so they might go that extra mile. After the wars in the Middle East, Katrina, BP oil spill, Japan’s earthquake and the growth of third world nations, if we don’t do something soon nothing will ever happen and we’ll just gripe as the politicians rape us of everything we own. Makes one wonder what the point is when the American people will rally like what’s been happening in Libya and Egypt. It may seem far fetched, but I can really see something like this happening. Would other countries support the government or the people if it ever does happen?

Lastly, can someone put a muzzle on Donald Trump. This guy is really irritating, more so that usual. I know he must hate Obama as he is now questioning his love of the game of golf saying that if he (Trump) was president, he wouldn’t be playing golf in time of war. I know the presidency is stressful and if a round of golf relaxes him, go for it. At least he hasn’t yet backed a call to action against terrorism during a press conference with "now watch this drive" like George Bush did. I also believe Trump must be smart when you look at his vast empire, so how can he be questioning the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii. This whole “birther” thing is downright embarrassing to smart Republicans as myself. Trump is rich enough to charter a plane and go look at the public file located in the state Department of Health building in Hawaii and see the record showing he was born in Hawaii. The best part is Trump recently held a press conference to prove anyone could show proof of being born in the US. Unfortunately for Trump, the documentation he brought to show he was born in the US was not an official form of ID that could be used. Good fact-checking there Donald. This is for you: Newspaper birth announcements appeared in the Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin in the weeks after he was born. The Aug 13, 1961 announcement in the Advertiser appears on page B-6 (got that Trump and everyone else) of the Sunday edition right next to classified ads for carpentry work and house repair. It says, “Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Hwy, son, Aug 4” (the address belonged to the parents of Ann Dunham, Obama’s mother). How can this guy be so high on the list of Republican hopefuls for the next election? Can’t my party find someone better? Where is the next Ford or Eisenhower? Heck, I would love to have another Nixon, but only if he doesn’t get caught.


Of course I also read that 45% percent of Republicans believe that Obama wasn’t born in the states. I’m sure that same 45% believe Elvis is still alive, Bigfoot still exists, there really is an Easter Bunny, Sarah Palin was a good choice for VP and that the Titanic actually deserved that Academy Award for best picture (we all know LA Confidential should have won). There are always some nut cases that will believe anything, but 46% of Republicans??? I still believe in my party, but recent years have shown that it doesn’t really matter which party gets in since they have so many special interests, that nothing really great seems to get done. Of course, not much has changed. I just watched the TV show “John Adams” and he seemed to go through the same issues as today’s politicians. I just hope whoever the next president is, he can do what is right for this country and the rest of the government will support him. I won’t hold my breath.

So much for that rant and catch you later in the week and leave you with this all my youthful, naïve readers.