Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/18/12

Ceu Live @ Chicago's Double Door by Vonecker

Ceu Live @ Chicago's Double Door
Custom Live Illustration by Vonecker of MCBThis Thursday Chicago got a taste of brazil when Ceu ( Sky in Portuguese ) rolled into town and graced the windy city with a lil' Brazilian flavor. I'm not going to lie at first I had no idea what to expect my knowledge of Brazilian music and culture is pretty low. I don't know how to speak Portuguese, and the only band I ever listened to from Brazil is the heavy metal band Sepultura, which is a vary far leap from Ceu's old school jazz, Brazilian flavor, with a dash of soul.

Ceu definitely brought Brazil straight to the Double Door. I literally felt like I was transported to a totally different latitude, and a mellow state of mind. Regardless of the language barrier Ceu's angelic voice and soulful rhythm jumped into the depths of every soul at that show and I was happy to bare witness. So keep an eye out for this sexy Brazilian songstress, and make sure you go out to see her when she rolls into the Motor City.