Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



6/27/11

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog

Wild At Heart


I don’t have much to say this week after getting through Rochester’s Jazzfest, Burlington’s Sounds Of Music, the LPGA Tournament and overtime at work. I am looking forward to see Bootsy Collins this week (look for pictures) and the Accordion Babes (ditto) and who knows what else.

I would like to thanks everyone so far who has visited motorcityblog over the past few days. I figured how to track my image views and the past week saw around 13,500 image views which is amazing. It’s nice to know I lot of people were interested in the photos and I hope to do a lot more in the coming weeks. My biggest surprise was that the number 1 viewed group was Chic Gamine and the Salads are starting to edge out Devo. If you get the chance to see any of those bands or get to Burlington next year, please do so. It is definitely worth it.

Moving on, here are my recommendations for concerts of the week:

Tuesday (6/28) – Katy Perry @ Palace Of Auburn Hills

Wednesday (6/29) – Los Lonely Boys @ Ann Arbor Summer Festival, Motley Crue w/New York Dolls @ Pine Knob, Owl City w/Matt Kearney @ Royal Oak Music Theatre, Wanda Jackson w/Jessica Hernandez @ Magic Stick, Sugarcoats @ PJ’s Lager House

Thursday (6/30) – “Sonic Lunch” feat Misty Lyn @ Ann Arbor Plaza, Stewart Francke @ the Ark, Theatre Bizarre Launch Party feat the Runiers and Los Minstrels Del Diablo @ Crofoot

Friday (7/01) – An Horse @ Magic Stick, Ty Stone, School Of Rock and Ace Frehley @ Stars And Stripes Festival

Saturday (7/02) – Pop Evil @ Hockeytown Café, John Michael Montgomery @ Pine Knob, Soul Asylum w/The Muggs, the Sights and Taddy Porter @ Stars And Stripes Festival, Tragically Hip @ Caesars Windsor

Sunday (7/03) – Rick Springfield @ Stars And Stripes Festival

Monday (7/04) – Lynyrd Skynrd @ Pine Knob, 60 Second Crush, Robin Horlock, Jessica Hernandez and Pistol Day Parade @ Stars And Stripes Festival

While I usually only recommend bands I have seen, I wish I could go to Stars and Stripes on Saturday to see English rock royalty Sweet (OK, only 1 original member) and Smashmouth. I’ll have to settle for Bootsy Collins and the Accordion Babes here in Rochester.


For those of you that remember Rothbury, the Double JJ Ranch has announced a new festival in a similar vein called Electric Forest. There are no big names like past artists Snoop Dogg, Bob Dylan or Dave Matthews, but it does have some decent music for the jam band fans in the guise of Railroad Earth, Tiesto, Bassnectar, REO Speedwagon, Stephen Marley, Galactic, Ragbirds and Macpodz. It runs June 30th to July 3rd and looks to almost the same festival in every other aspect. It might be a good way to get away from the city and enjoy a pleasing festival experience. They also have a nearby water park and life size mousetrap game as added features of the grounds. I really enjoyed Rothbury when I went and this looks like it could be fun. Check it out at www.electricforestfestival.com for line-ups and ticket prices.


I will leave you with a song by An Horse, a really nice band. They played here for Record Day in Rochester and I have seen then a couple of times. Check them out at the Stick.