Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



1/7/09

WILD AT HEART - Jan 7th 2009

Hey Kirk-Happy 2009!
Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog
He has a radio program on WXOU out of Oakland University

Wild At Heart

Welcome to the first blog of 2009 and of course it's late and I refuse to make a resolution stating I will get all my blogs done in time. I have never been big on making resolutions since I recognize that it is more of a fun thing to do and doesn't get taken seriously. After all, people according to one study only 12% of participants actually kept their resolutions.

For guys, you go to 22% if you give yourself small measureable goals (i.e. – I will lose 1 pound a month instead of saying I will lose weight). Girls, you do better if you make your resolutions known and get support of your friends.

The only thing I resolve is to go through life the best I can.

For all the punks out there, I hate to mention that Ron Asheton has passed away from what seems to be a heart attack at the age of 60 in his home in Ann Arbor. Ron is best known as the guitarist for the Stooges and helped bring out the raw power that they had in concert (probably why Rolling Stone ranked him 29 on their list of 100 Greatest Guitarists of all Time). For those that didn't know, he also had acting roles in the movies Mosquito, Frostbiter: The Wrath of the Wendigo and Legion of the Night. Musically, he also played with Destroy All Monsters, New Race (which also had members of MC5 and Radio Birdman) and Powertrane.

My first radio show of the New Year will be on Jan 8th from 8-10AM (of course, this is on 88.3FM or http://www.wxou.org/ ). I will be having at interview with actor Morris Chestnut (best known as teenage father Ricky Baker in the 1991 film "Boyz N the Hood") and we will be talking about his new relationship film "Not Easily Broken". I will also be giving away a pair of tickets for the Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto show at the Royal Oak Music Theatre on Jan 13th...

I really don't have much to say at this point so I'll keep this blog short and maybe I'll see some of you at the City And Colour show on Jan 9th at the Fillmore. The show is an acoustic side project for Dallas Green of Alexisonfire.

Lastly, Intel has produced over 125 million pairs of 3D glasses to be used during the Super Bowl to promote the new DreamWorks movie "Monsters Vs Aliens" and a special commercial featuring the SoBe Lifewater lizards in a new commercial. The glasses will be disseminated via 25,000 SoBe Lifewater retail displays in grocery, drug and other retail venues beginning in early January and will be FREE to consumers. If a display's supply of glasses runs out, consumers can call 1-800-646-2904 in order to obtain a pair. Viewers will have the opportunity to re-use their glasses for a special 3D episode of NBC's hit comedy "Chuck," airing Monday, February 2, 2009.

Have a great week everyone and I'll catch you next Monday.