Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/11/09

MONEYPENNY and Medical Maryjane

MONEYPENNY visits the MMM Expo 2009
_______________________________________________________________


Medical Marijuana use has been causing quite an uproar these days. It seems that "we the people" have spoken, and we want our weed.

State law now allows marijuana use to people who fit certain criteria, yet Federal law still says marijuana use is illegal. There is a general lack of knowledge about who qualifies for a marijuana card, how are they obtained and what kind of trouble can people get into if they suddenly find the law is not on their side. We went to the Michigan Medical Marijuana Expo 2009 on Sunday to get information and see what all the fuss is about.




The fairly large indoor/outdoor event was well attended despite oppressive heat and humidity. Everything was very organized and professional, and it didn't seem like a "Grateful Dead parking lot experience" in any way. There wasn't a hackey-sack in the house. The website made the careful statement that "This event is an informational exposition about Michigan's new medical cannabis program and emerging industry, not a pot festival." As advertised, the two day expo hosted:

2 acre outdoor site and 16,000 s.f. of warehouse displays
Live glass blowing artists
Two full days of professional speakers
Do-It-Yourself Workshops
Instructional Classes
Learn about business opportunities in Michigan's new medical cannabis industry
Used equipment tag sale
Talk to the top Attorneys who fully understand the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act
Talk to Doctors & Clinics and find out if your condition qualifies, and what you need to do to receive a written recommendation

Based on the level of participation and the turnout, it's safe to say that there is a large industry just poised and waiting. It appeared that the crowd was made up of current medical marijuana patients, potential patients and entrepreneurs who are looking to invest in this budding movement. To be considered a legal marijuana user, you must get a medical marijuana card from a doctor. You can also seek to grow marijuana as a registered caregiver. If you are interested in finding out where you fit in, or if you want to know how to qualify for a medical marijuana card, some great places to get information are

http://www.minorml.org/ and

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/

A message from your friendly Michigan Norml representative is to know your constitutional rights if you are ever questioned by authorities. They pass out these little cards that have this handy information on them....

I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution:
- I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.
- I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my attorney present.
- I invoke and refuse to waive all privileges and rights pursuant to the case Miranda v. Arizona. Do not ask my questions or make any comment to me about this decision.
- I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.
- I do not consent to any search or seizure of myself, my home, or any property in my possession. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any property. I do not consent to this contact with you. If I am not presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow me to leave.
- Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide you with information.

Know your rights!

Stay tuned for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Expo 2010.

It will only get bigger and more interesting.

Cheers,
Moneypenny


"MCB IS DETROIT"
Check out more MCB-VIDEOs here