Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/11/12

ROAD TRIP: MCB does Cleveland - The Road to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame : Prologue



Casey from MOTORCITYBLOG here. So MCB was invited by Positively Cleveland to come out for a visit to explore its repertoire of legendary music venues, rock bands, record stores, restaurants and, of course, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. All this is leading up to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony in Cleveland on Saturday night.


I've always had a love for Cleveland since I made my first journey there back in June of 1994. I had met a couple at a concert at The Magic Bag here in Ferndale and after finding out the band playing that night was making a stop in Cleveland the next night we all decided to go on a road trip. After all, it's only two and a half hours away and we didn't want the fun to stop. Armed with no map, but four wheels, we high tailed out to the legendary Grog Shop (it's original location on Coventry Rd.) and arrived to discover a venue with a much larger turnout then the night before. This was my first experience realizing that Cleveland was indeed a rock town. I've been back dozens of times over the years with bands and the town has never let me down in regards to the venues and the turnouts to the shows. Cleveland surely deserves the Rock and Roll of Fame residence it's city.

I have my trip Itinerary in my hands as I write. Happy to see I'll be making return stops to my three favorite rock venues on the trip as well as a stop to a business that all lovers of Rock and Rummage would surely enjoy.More on those later in the week folks. The trip is also going to bring me to restaurants that I have never experienced in town as well as a vinyl pressing plant. I'll also be attending some events and concerts as well. One will be headlined by the legendary George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic.

This will all be leading up to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony which I will have the distinct honor of attending. Three inductees this year- Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Beastie Boys supplied the soundtrack of my youth. By far the biggest talk about the ceremony this year is the possibility of the reunion of the original lineup of Guns N' Roses. It's all a mystery right now and the 16 year old me with the Appetite For Destruction cassette blaring in his first car is very excited to see what will unfold.

I plan on reporting daily on my Cleveland experience starting Thursday so stay tuned to MOTORCITYBLOG for updates.

You don't have to be a V.I.P. to take part in the numerous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Week festivities. Come down to Cleveland this week and visit http://www.clevelandrockweek.com/ for details.

-CASEY

MCB INVITED TO CLEVELAND FOR ROCK HALL INDUCTION
DAY ONE (THURSDAY) BLOG

DAY TWO (FRIDAY-Part 1) BLOG
DAY TWO (FRIDAY-Part 2) BLOG
DAY THREE (SATURDAY-Part 1) BLOG
DAY THREE (SATURDAY-Part 2 + Epilogue) BLOG