Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/23/11

Video: Local Hip Hopster Mobil


Last week without much notice Das Racist played at the Crofoot. They were originally set up to play Eagle Theater, but ended up at the smaller Pike Room. I have both Das Racist mixtapes and I think they are pretty good at what they do - funny yet still hip indie rappers. On stage they are not the relaxed rappers you hear on the tapes, they are rowdy and loud and maybe their ploy at not being "talented" actually has some truth to it. I digress though because Das Rascist wasn't really who I came to see. Warming up the show were local favorites Mobil and Danny Brown, who both know how to work the crowd and throw together some heady raps.Charles Trees provided the beats for the night and he is definitely a DJ worth looking into.

The video is some conversation I took with Mobil before the show. You can hear his work at his soundcloud site.